Fuels - FAQ
- Regular “Off the Truck”
- This is the cost of the product directly from the driver, no discounts.
- Budget Pay
- Regular Fill customers can choose to go on a payment plan which locks in pricing for a certain amount of Fuel Oil for the winter season at a set price. Budget Pay establishes a set monthly payment for 12 months from September to August. This option is not for farm ag/commercial fuel uses, only for Home Heat.
- Direct Pay
- Customers with Direct Pay can sign up to have an electronic payment pulled from their banking account after they’ve had a delivery. This eliminates the need to worry about sending in payments manually or being late sending in a check.
- Online Pay
- Our Customer Portal has a convenient option to pay online! Just use your most recent statement or sales ticket as reference, or pay any amount you prefer. You can pay with VISA, MasterCard or Discover.
- Funds may be put on a customer’s account to use towards deliveries as prepayment.
We recommend that you regularly check your tank(s) and once the level is down to ¼ you should contact us to get on the delivery schedule.
Our minimum fuel delivery is 150 gallons.
- Regular Fill
- Qualifying customers can elect to keep accounts on a Regular Fill status. This allows our drivers to fill tanks regularly while they drive their routes. It greatly reduces the risk of running out of fuel when it is needed most.
- Will Call
- A customer can choose to be a Call-In customer. Call-In customers will purchase fuel at market-price at the time it is ordered. Customers using this plan must keep in mind the price of fuels fluctuate daily similarly to how gasoline pricing fluctuates at the gas pump. This plan requires the customer to self-monitor their tank level(s) and call in giving our drivers enough time to fill the tank to avoid delays or additional fees.
- See next question
Yes! We offer Agricultural/Commercial Dyed Diesel contracts at different times during the year.
We’ll make it simple and if you need more info check out the referral page.
- Become a New Customer and get a $50 account credit once you’ve received and paid for your first 250 gallons of Propane or Fuels, or a $25 credit for your first 100 gallons of delivered and paid for Lubricants/Oils.
- Refer a friend to Mulgrew and not only will that friend receive the same New Customer Credit that you did, but you’ll receive the same amount on your account that they do! The more friends you refer, the more account credits you’ll accumulate!
- If you’re an existing customer, you can refer yourself and add a product you haven’t purchased from us before, or in the last two years. Once you get your minimum delivery for that “new” product and it’s paid in full, we’ll give you the same account credit given to new customers!
- Mail-in your payment or visit our company headquarters at 10314 Silverwood Drive Dubuque, IA 52003
- You can give a check or cash directly to your driver
- Call-in your payment to 563-583-7386
- Pay your bill at our Scales Mound, IL location 135 Franklin St. Scales Mound, IL 61075
- Cash, ACH/EFT, check and credit cards (Visa and MasterCard)
- Online payments are available on our portal using your statement or delivery ticket as a reference, or pay the desired amount.
- Cash Discount
- Our customer saves $.05 cents per gallon if account balance is paid within ten days of delivery with cash or check. Credit/debit card payments do not qualify for this discount.
- Bulk/Volume Discount
- Call us today to discuss bulk/volume discounts so we can be sure you’re getting the best price possible for your larger orders.
- Diesel (Fuel Oil, #1 and #2 Clear or Dyed, Blends)
- B10, 12 & 20 both on and off road
- Winterized Dyed and Clear
Conservation is easy with home heating oil products. First and foremost, a well-tuned, well-maintained system uses less oil. Also, turn down your thermostat. Each 1 degree lower equals approximately a 3% annual savings, and an additional 1% if you lower it again overnight. Consider a smart thermostat. A smart thermostat can save energy by automatically adjusting heating. Reduce the setting whenever everyone is asleep or away from the home.
Yes, absolutely! Our team is available 24/7; we have on-call staff outside of regular business hours who can help you. Call 800-747-1132. However, to avoid running out, we strongly urge you to regularly check your tank levels and contact us when you get down to ¼ tank so you can be scheduled for delivery.
*Trip charges may apply. On a Will-Call or Cash on Delivery (COD) account there will be a $50 per-trip charge during normal business hours and a $100 per-trip charge after or on weekends or holidays.